Kat Williams, Ph.D.
metalsmith & mythologist
revolutionary for love and equanimity
devotee of sacred reciprocity
adorning the body and shifting the paradigm
occasional editor & custom seamstress
In a dream, Thunderbird came to me at my Grandmother’s house and brought me three fish…
Selected Exhibitions & Presentations
- 2022 – 2nd Saturday Art Markets @ Art Emergency. Lawrence, KS
- 2020 – Association for the Study of Women & Mythology. Albuquerque, NM
- 2019 – LOLA Holiday Arts Market. Lawrence, KS
- 2019 – North Dakota Human Rights Arts Festival. Fargo, Bismarck & Grand Forks, ND
- 2019 – Society for Applied Anthropology. Portland, OR
- 2018 – The Love Show #6, @ The Percolator. Lawrence, KS
- 2016 – Art Tougeau Art Car Parade & Lawrence Busker Festival. Lawrence, KS
- 2015 – The Print Show #3, @ The Percolator. Lawrence, KS
- 2014 – The Good Times Fair. Hyampom, CA
- 2010 – Nick Cave SoundSuits Exhibition, @ The Fowler Museum. Los Angeles, CA
- 2010 – It’s All Been Done Before, But Not By Me Exhibit, @ The Hammer Museum. Los Angeles, CA
- Ph.D. in World Arts & Cultures, University of California, Los Angeles.
- M.A. in African Studies, University of California, Los Angeles.
- B.A. in African & African-American Studies, University of Kansas.
- B.F.A. in Design-Metalsmithing