In a dream, Thunderbird came to me in my Grandmother’s house and brought me three fish.
I am an artisan, scholar, and activist living in the midwest, adorning the body and shifting the paradigm; with dreams of sculpting homes and planting food forests.
-Dr. Kat Williams
metalsmith | mythologist
Pecha Kucha (2017): I was a fellow in a Mid-America Arts Alliance program at the Lawrence Arts Center, Artist Inc. At the end of the program, all the fellows gave a presentation on their history/work. Here is mine.
- 2019 – North Dakota Human Rights Arts Festival. Fargo, Bismarck & Grand Forks, ND
- 2018 – The Love Show #6, @ The Percolator. Lawrence, KS
- 2016 – Art Tougeau Art Car Parade & Lawrence Busker Festival. Lawrence, KS
- 2015 – The Print Show #3, @ The Percolator. Lawrence, KS
- 2014 – The Good Times Fair. Hyampom, CA
- 2010 – Nick Cave SoundSuits Exhibition, @ The Fowler Museum. Los Angeles, CA
- 2010 – It’s All Been Done Before, But Not By Me Exhibit, @ The Hammer Museum. Los Angeles, CA
Other Fun Facts
- apprenticed with a local Shaman (2018)
- certified home herbalist (2015)
- occasional wildlife rehabilitation volunteer
- self-taught banjo player
- PhD in Culture & Performance Studies
- M.A. in African Studies
- B.A in African & African-American Studies
- B.F.A. in Design – Metalsmithing
- studied textile design in Kenya (age 23)
- sang on stage at Carnegie Hall, NYC (age 18)
- planted my first herb garden at age 12